Monday 16 November 2015

“Sing when yer winnin’”

Oh how easy it is to tweet, blog and shout when your team is winning. After a win by your heroes you check the table 20 times the day after the match – not that it will change – after a loss the depression is such that we dare not look. After a win, tweets fly, bragging rights established, after a loss a cursory comment least we are labeled poor losers.
I really feel for TOT fans, loss after loss no real future for the team. I have massive respect for the few diehards who turn out, week after week. How I envy the Thunder Castle army who reign in their impregnable fortress in the East.
My team, The Swatcats from Korat, has achieved two promotions in my five year addiction to the club and currently sit in a remarkable eighth place in the Premier League. I have no complaints, the club is progressing and has a massive future but…….

……..yes, I am a hypocrite, I am guilty of all the above. Hard as it is, I try to give credit to the opponents after a loss, I try not to inflate the performance of the winners. I try to inform, report what I see…..
…….but….If out team wins 1-0 it’s a great game, what a performance, if we lose 1-0 it’s “What a load of crap, sack the coach!!”.
Do we forget that, that shot off the post, that refereeing decision, that slip on wet turf could determine the outcome of the match?


Hands up all those not guilty of any or all of the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment