Saturday 15 August 2015

Season’s Trends - 16th August 2015

One of my themes throughout the season has been the fact that NRFC have generally beat those teams whom they ought to beat ie around or below them in the table and lose to those who are obviously superior to them and in the higher reaches of the division. This has led me to the conclusion that our 10-11th place in the league is a true reflection of where we belong.
 Last night’s 0-0 encounter with Chang Rai was a classic example of the team doing “just as expected” and although it could be perceived as 2 points lost, it was a match we could not afford to lose.


However recently, the 2 defeats verses Saraburi and Navy, have of course gone counter to our previous trends – potential 4-6 points lost in my opinion. I suppose that the 4 gained points at home against the powerful Buriram and Suphanburi teams have redressed the balance, but I hope these losses will not prove too important come season’s end….. I for one would prefer the relative security of a comfortable mid table position………….so I can sleep peacefully at night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment